Thursday, July 10, 2008

USA #1!

I celebrated my first 4th of July last week in Naperville. What a day! It started by watching the world famous Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. It was very exciting, but based on the yelling, things did not go the way Dad had hoped. After that we had a big bbq outside. Uncle Jay tried to have his own hot dog eating contest (not good) and Mem dressed me up like Lady Liberty...
After the bbq, we went to the Naperville Ribfest to see one of my favorite bands, The Turtles. Unfortunately, I fell asleep before they played my blog's namesake "Eleanor, Gee I Think You're Swell". That didn't stop Dad from bringing me up front for this picture though...
I woke up later to take in my first ever fireworks show.
It was beautiful - and thanks to my fancy headset - not too loud!
On the 5th, we headed to Delavan, Wisconsin to see Oma and Oda. I wore a bikini and even went swimming in the pool with Oma.
I turned 5 months old the other day and I have found my feet. Sometimes I even put my foot in my mouth - literally.

No comments: