Saturday, July 19, 2008

Public Enemy!

Last night Mom and Dad took me to the first night of the annual Pitchfork Music Festival. Everyone thought I looked very cute in my AC/DC t-shirt and headphones - though many people asked "How old is he?" HE?!?! Girls can like AC/DC too! Whatever. Today I'm wearing a dress. Lots of people asked if they could take my picture, including Roger Miller from the legendary band Mission of Burma, who played earlier at the festival.
The headliner last night was Public Enemy, who performed their groundbreaking 1988 album "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back". Dad declared them to be amongst the top 3 most influential groups in the history of hip-hop - or something like that. Here's Dad raising a fist at they launch in to "Bring The Noise"...as if he were 12 years old again!
After some rocking, Mom and I disappeared backstage for some quiet time. Here I am catching a nap under the stars while Mom enjoyed a Popsicle and another parade of admirers.
Today is Pitchfork Day 2 and Dad has promised to teach me about Fleet Foxes.

No comments: