Thursday, September 17, 2009

My first Major League Eating contest!

Last weekend Mom and Dad took me to my first Major League Eating event - the La Costena "Feel the Heat" jalapeno eating contest. I got to meet all of the starts of competitive eating including the great Patrick Bertoletti - the #2 ranked competitive eater in the world and one of the most exciting athletes in all of sports. I got so nervous for our photo, that I started to cry...

Later, I settled down. Here I am going over some last minute strategy with Patrick...

I also got the meet the legendary Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas. She is the greatest female eater of all time and currently ranked #6 in the world.Here's Dad and I with George Shea, the founder of the International Federation of Competitive Eating. He was busy setting up, but stopped to spend a moment with one of the MLE's youngest fans. He even went and grabbed his trademark hat for our photo!
Our new family portrait! The LeMaistre family posing in front of the stage right before the action started...
What?!?! Here I am reacting to the news that there was a tie in regulation and we would be witnessing a 1 minute overtime eat-off!

At the end of it all, Sonya Thomas upset our hometown hero Patrick Bertoletti. Still, it was an exciting afternoon and one I won't soon forget.

No comments: